Fast Blinking Hello Kitty

Thursday 24 January 2013

Lush Lacquer "Birthday cake"


Good evening,
So, as I said I have been trying to go through my untrieds lately. The progress has slowed down but its still ongoing. I mentioned that I was making a rule that I had to try at least 5 untrieds before being allowed to buy a new polish. Yea, that was a major fail. I think I have a problem, but boy is it a fun one! But as I was going through my stash I found one of the first indies I ever bought. "Floam" is the first one I bought but got it from a third party. This was my first indie purchase from an indie company. I got this and "lite bright" another pretty. So, technically not an untried, but I have only used it once and its a shame because it is just so lovely. It started my love of these polishes. Base color with a bunch of glitter:) I have put it on the blog but that was back before I was using my camera. I was using my webcam and the quality of pictures are just not that great so, I wanted to show better pics and, of course, wear it again. So, on that note, have a look at Birthday cake. Oh and I know I always have some excuse but I had done a bit of swatching the day I put it on so you will see that my cuticles are really dry. I took pictures on the day I put it on. You will know because it will not have a great clean up job and the dry cuticles and I took some tonight as well, inside. But , anyhow, lets have a look:)

lush lacquer "Birthday cake: "As described as Lush lacquer themselves on Etsy "Birthday Cake" is a creamy white base with a mixture of confetti glitter... pink, orange, gold , blue, green and purple iridescent small glitters are used throughout. It also has the same colors in bar strips. We added holographic silver hex glitters to make it sparkle. This polish combination is so beautiful on and yummy like frosting. It looks great alone with 2 to 3 coats and has a smooth finish. Please apply a thick top coat to seal in the glitter and allow for an even smoother finish! Happy Polishing!!! :0) When I first got into the whole polish community online, I didnt even know what "indies" where but I then saw swatches. My whole life changed. I then went and looked at "lush lacquer's etsy page and fell in love. Anyhow, this is why...


Macro shot of bottle.

Now, I don't want to start any problems but, when I got my bottle, it was not full and polish was all over the cap. Some had probably spilled during the shipping. I blame it on the weather since at the time it was summer and a hot one at that. I did contact the seller and she asked for pictures. I thought I had sent some but, I am so computer illiterate, what I thought I had sent didn't go through, so it was my fault. She did respond and it was my fault I was not able to provide a picture. my other bottle, lite bright, came without any issues. Anyway  I LOVE this polish. It is just so pretty and colorful and just perfect. It is exactly what I wanted and when I got it, I was so happy. So, here are some pictures. As I said, dry cuticles and not the best clean up but, please, just pay attention to the important part, the polish!!!! :)



So , here it is in sunlight. As you can see, it is just a perfect, creamy white base, packed with all that glitter. I love it! Just love it! In the sunlight, as in these pictures, it is exactly as it looks.

So, these pictures, were taken inside, with not the best lighting. As you can see, they look a lot more on the yellow side then the white side. Which is why....

......For these pictures on here, I do have a base coat of Essie "Allure" it is a very, very light white base. It is even more light then "Marshmallow" is. I actually got it to do jelly mani's and it is the perfect sheer polish. With two coats of "allure" it added the perfect light, white base for this polish. "Allure" is so subtle that, without it, it really would not have made much of a difference. But I am wearing 3-4 coats of "birthday cake" so that there is no "VNL". So, "allure" really did help, as would the darker(albeit, not by much at all) "marshmallow", but these polishes are so subtle that without them, I don't think it would make much of a difference. As I said, this is 3-4 coats, depending on how it looked and a thick coat of "seche vite" 


I just love this polish. Jelly's are my fav mani's at the moment but I wouldn't call this a "jelly" This is more a white base just packed with glitter. "Birthday cake" is the perfect name for this polish because just looking at it wakes up my sweet tooth. It reminds me of frosting so much. As I am doing this post, I have cookies baking in the oven and it just seems so fitting! This polish just absolutely reminds me and makes me want "birthday cake" This is exactly how most frosting looks like. White frosting with colorful candy!


This picture is taken inside. The white is more subtle but you still get the Birthday cake "frosting" affect.






So, what do you guys think of this polish? Does it make you crave sweets or at least remind you of cake?? I love this polish so much. May be because it was my first indie, but even if I had just bought this today, I would love it! So, take a trip down memory lane. What was the first indie you ever bought? First order you did by yourself? What was the first one you got from a third party? Perhaps because you had to since it was no longer available ? What is your polish that started it all for you? I am curious! And, what do you guys think of this one? I know there are a lot of dupes out there but this is still my fav! Hope you guys enjoyed my depicter and hope to hear from you guys.

PS,: Some of my post my no longer have pictures. If you noticed, it is because, as you know, I am computer illiterate and I have been using "photobucket" for my pictures since I am at my limit with my blog's page and I was at my limit  on "photobucket" so, smart old me, decided to delete some pictures to make some room. But, I know now that deleting pictures from there means it will also be deleted from your blog. Which means, I have to go back and see what pics need to be added and whatnot. I just have not gotten to that yet, but just wanted you guys to know what is going on!
Anyhow, hope you liked this post and hope to hear from you guys! I don't have many ppl , I think who actually stop and read and have a look at my blog. My work is not that special, I know, but please, if you did stop by and look, please let me know!  It makes me feel happy if I know at least one person sees my post:)L::) 
                                                           

                                                                till next time,  
                                                                                         Krystal:)
                                                                                                          xxxoxoxoxxxoxox
   


1 comment: